Being a basketball fan is not an accident. It is something trained in you way back in the early years of your life. It’s like brushing your teeth; you do it routinely without the need for motivator. Basketball may have found you in your growing up years, maybe because your dad was a die hard fan too and he taught you how to play and love it as well. Or maybe, your school is adept to sports and basketball is its top team game. Or maybe you just love the game, play it yourself and dreams of becoming one of the biggies in the industry.
Well, why not? But the thing is: do you really know how to play basketball? If you do then you might want to add something to your strategies, if you are faring on the average then the following basketball tips might help you a lot, and if you actually don’t then you are in luck.
There are 9 simple steps or tips on how to play basketball more effectively and efficiently. Remember that these tips and steps are basically designed for one team, meaning it’s like you are just playing to win and you have to achieve the best strategies in opposing or defending against other team in the long run.
Tip Number 1:
– Establish a team. Basketball is a team sport. You will basically need at least five players in a team and if you are one of them then you need four more teammates. Choose those that also have the feel for the game and willing to work together and have the winning attitude. Skill and knowledge will improve later on.
Tip Number 2:
– Break the ice. Since you are not opposing a team for now, you don’t have to jump for the ball; instead use free throw to start the game. The first player who scores will get two points and succeeding will be of 1 point.
Tip Number 3:
– In the event that the first shooter misses the basket, the second in line will have to rebound and go for the basket. Note that the ball must bounce only once or else, the player loses his turn. When that happens, the third in line must shoot from the three points ring to restart the game. This is worth two points though.
Tip Number 4:
– Jump whenever handling the ball. In this game, no one is allowed to touch the ball with his feet on the ground unless during the free throw. So make it a point to jump when the player ahead of you misses his target.
Tip Number 5:
-Continue the game in this sequence. Each shot during the play mode is worth two points.
Tip Number 6:
– Free throw after making a basket. Every player who makes the basket will have a chance to do free throws, which is worth one point.
Tip Number 7:
– Free throw until you miss. In the event that you make a basket, you are to do free throws in unlimited row. This will go on until the time you misses at least one shot.
Tip Number 8:
– Restart game with the same procedure as before. After missing your free throw, the next player takes the ball for a free throw. If missed, the next rebounds but if it’s a good ball then a series of free throws follow.
Tip Number 9:
– The game ends when one of the players get exact 30 points. If score goes over 30, then the score automatically drops to 19 and the game will continue.
With these, the game will be as fulfilling as when you have an opposing team aside from the fact that your and your team mates’ skills and knowledge are improved. In the next games, and when all of you achieved the fastest ends of the game and the shooting range and stamina improve, you can look for team opponents.
The internet is where you can find additional tips on how to play basketball; even those from professionals or perhaps from your favorite NBA player.